THE NX 2000 FIXED DSC VHF – NEW FROM NEXUS
(METS 2006) The all-new NX2000 is being shown for the first time at METS 2006. Featuring the very latest in VHF technology the NX2000 delivers top quality reception, dependable operation in all conditions, and a wide range of safety and performance features.
The NX2000 is fully waterproof (to IPX7), making it ideal for mounting on exposed dashboards and bulkheads. Standard features include;
– 25W / 1W power
– Class D Digital Selective Calling
– Waterproof fist microphone with numeric keypad, channel select and DSC function buttons.
– Front mounted distress button with protective cover. Transmits position when attached to GPS (interface allows connection to NMEA 0183 standard output)
– Top quality, big screen LCD for clear viewing in all light conditions
– Fully waterproof
– Full scan, memory scan and dual watch facilities
– Channel 16 instant access button
– Meets CE standards EN301-025, EN60945 complies with R&TTE directive for non-compulsory fit VHF radios.
– ATIS (Automatic Transmitter Identification System) available as standard
The NX2000 is available in three different colour combinations; the orange / grey (shown above), plus grey / black and white / grey.
NEW NX 1500 WATERPROOF HANDHELD VHF FROM NEXUS
(METS 2006) Silva Nexus is showing at METS for the first time its all-new NX1500 handheld VHF radio; a dependable, high specification VHF that delivers quality reception, long battery life and a large, easy to read display.
The NX1500 is the ideal handheld VHF for users looking for a reliable unit that can withstand the rough and tumble of life afloat. A rubberised coating provides protection against knocks and falls, and the NX1500 is waterproof to IPX7, ensuring that it will continue to perform whatever the weather or sea conditions.
Standard features include;
– Choice of low and high power outputs (5W and 1W)
– Channel 16 button
– All current marine channels including “Private Channels”
– Lithium batteries give 12 hours battery life at normal usage
– Large, high quality LCD
– Waterproof to IPX7
– Programmable memory scan allows the user to store and scan an unlimited number of priority channels.
The NX1500 also comes in an ATIS version. The Automatic Transmitter Identification System is used mainly on inland waterways in mainland Europe for traffic control and other purposes.
This is certain to be a popular VHF radio across a wide range of marine applications.