Byggare är Premier Composite Technologies i Dubai, som ju också bygger Landmark 43.
Mer info på Farr 400 – är det ett så kul namn, förresten? Låter som en cruiser.
LOA (m) 11.80
DWL (m) 11.11
BEAM (max) (m) 3.42
DRAFT (m) 2.90 down/1.98 up
DISPLACEMENT (kg) 4130
CREW No 8
IRC TCC 1.230 (trial)
I 15.60, J 4.45, P 16.15, E 5.80, STL 6.82
Sail Area Up m2 102 & Down m2 235
Premier Composite Technologies to launch new FARR 400
- Premier Composite Technologies and FARR Yacht Design to launch new FARR 400 in Spring 2011.
- Design utilises the latest composite materials and infusion techniques to create a high performance, grand prix style one design racing yacht.
- Design allows for cost effective and easy transportation due to design elements that mean the hull can fit a standard 40ft flat rack container.
- Pro-sailor Dee Smith on board as Project Consultant.
Premier Composite Technologies, Dubai, Thursday 6th January 2011:Premier Composite Technologies (PCT), the leading global supplier of advanced composite components for the Marine and Architectural markets is collaborating with Farr Yacht Design to design and build a next generation, all carbon, one design 40ft racer. The 40ft, high performance design that has heavily involved pro-sailor Dee Smith as project consultant, will be launched from the PCT headquarters in Dubai in Spring 2011 with early orders to be delivered in late Spring/Summer 2011. The standard package price is from $395,000. Built by the team of PCT who have proven experience in crafting one design yachts including the FARR 40, FARR (Mumm) 30 and Laser SB3’s, the FARR 400 has been engineered to push the boundaries of modern design and utilise the latest building practices to create an aggressive one design racer that is technically consistent, ensuring absolute equal performance across the whole class.
- All major geometry is created by precision 5-axis milling ensuring complete accuracy.
- The hull has been carefully modelled with a powerful fore body to increase dynamic lift reflecting the latest CFD research.
- A wide stern with a partial chine reduces drag and improves high speed handling.
- The deck layout is a proven arrangement developed from experience with the GP42 and TP52 fleets.
- The huge cockpit provides unfettered space for a crew of 8 and a standard pedestal. The pedestal will drive the primary winches allowing for high speed hoists, gybes, and douses (when using the inboard take down system.) The pedestal will also control the high aspect ratio lifting keel (2m/up and 2.9m/down).
- This keel arrangement provides maximum righting moment while still allowing access to shallow venues. With a ballast ratio of nearly 60% and sail areas to match, the Farr 400 delivers exceptional upwind performance in all conditions with exciting speed downwind and reaching.
- The Farr 400 is an all carbon/advanced composites construction that will be built using epoxy infusion methods to create the highest standards of quality. The vessel will be built and designed to Category 2 off shore regulations.
- The growth of Premier Composite Technologies and its competitive buying strength, ensures that the quality and value of the FARR 400 is unique.
Modern one design fleets require that the FARR 400 can be easily and cost effectively transported to locations around the globe. For this reason, special attention has been paid to both trailer transportation and container shipping. The trailer arrangement has been designed to eliminate the need for expensive trailer permits. With an overall length of 11.8m (with the 2.2m bowsprit retracted) the Farr 400 fits inside a container footprint without any major disassembly. The mast has also been designed to separate into two sections, effectively allowing the entire racing program to fit into a single flat rack container.
“This is going to be a very exciting class with a lot of performance for the cost: fun to sail with a crew of 8, a lifting keel for harbor access, and easily transportable between regattas. In Premier Composite Technologies, we have an experienced partner from whom we expect a high quality product”. Bruce Farr, FARR Yacht Design. Please go to, www.farr400.com for further information.