Skip to content

7 Comments

1. Pelle Pedersen
    Jul 21, 2020 @ 11:32

Ok, as one of the crew onboard! Yes I really got ”the hang of it” direct! Now remember that I’m a analog sailor turned into the digital. By this I mean that Peter very often has to explain to me same thing over and over again; but not this time! Supereasy to use, all functions was/is there in a splitsecond! Very happy with this!!

2. Peter Gustafsson
    Jul 24, 2020 @ 17:28

I found a great tool to visualize & analyze the data: Njord Analytics. Njord understand the CSV-file from Sailmon MAX, and it’s easy to work with the data. Even did “inferred TWD” from just GPS data.

• Johan Söderström
      Jul 25, 2020 @ 18:09

I have a YDWR03 NMEA2000 logger on my network. Happy to see that the Njord service understands this format without any conversion. Uploaded and played around with some data, impressive and rather user friendly presentation once you understand the structure.

This pricing structure is interesting, with a price per uploaded “sail day”. For a serious campaign I guess the pricing is good bang for the bucks, however for me as an occasional “shorthand SRS competitor”, the price is bit high. It will be interesting to see how this service develops.

3. Peter Gustafsson
    Jul 29, 2020 @ 14:30

NEW MAX SOFTWARE UPDATE RELEASED: V1.2.0
    A new software update for MAX has been released. Version v1.2.0 has a number of new features and bug fixes over the previous version. Please read the release notes below. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch.

What’s new in V1.2.0?
    – MAX will notify you about future software updates
    – New IMU sensor fusion algorithm remains stable in rough conditions
    – Compass calibration will be saved
    – Symbol indicates when calibration is required
    – VMG calculation
    – Improved faster display refresh
    – Improved performance and responsiveness
    – Fixed page configuration issues
    – Fixed missing wifi symbol when connected

For this software release, you still need to update MAX manually. Go to Menu > System > Check for updates. Before starting, make sure MAX has been paired with your phone or is connected to WiFi.

4. Julklappstips för seglare 2020 - BLUR
    Dec 5, 2020 @ 15:20

[…] skärm, bättre GPS, ny solid-state kompass och inbyggt Li-Ion batteri. Ett alternativ är Sailmon MAX som jag testade i […]

5. Johan
    Dec 13, 2020 @ 17:14

När vi väl har GPX data kan vi göra gemensam “debriefing” här efter en segling: https://www.chartedsails.com/blog/

6. Arif
    Mar 21, 2021 @ 19:27

Would you recommend a device that can transmit my instrument’s nmea 0183 serial data to sailmon max wifi (udp) ?
    This way I can get wind & bsp data on it …

Thanks